All born in Brazil are considered Brazilian.

How to register the child

How to register the child in the Embassy on Haiti

The mother or father must go to the registry office to request the child’s birth certificate.

Take the birth certificate provided by the hospital.

The child’s birth certificate is delivered immediately.

If your child is born in Brazil, you can apply for registration in the National Archives of Haiti in the Embassy of Haiti, Brasilia. To do this, you must submit the following documents:

  • A copy of the parents’ identity (passport).
  • A copy of the Declaration of the hospital where the child was born.
  • A copy of the Brazilian birth act of the child.